It has been a really long time since I have cooked with Turkey Breast. Publix sells turkey breast cutlets and so I picked some up the other day. I knew I would be serving this dish with plantain chips and a salad with berries, so I didn't want anything that was very overpowering. I sort of missed the mark, a little. I really loved the spice combo, I just used WAY too much. I ended up getting a squirt of gluten free dijon mustard to help calm down the flavor. I would definitely give this recipe a shot, my only suggestion would be to sprinkle the spice blend on, instead of dredge the turkey in it, like I did :)
Ingredients:
- 1 lb of turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- S&P
Preparation:
- Mix together spices and sprinkle them on both sides of turkey
- Heat oil over medium heat
- Add cutlets and cook, on each side, approx 4 minutes
Overall, this was actually a really good meal. I love to have colorful dinners and the plantain chips and berries on the salad made that happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment