Monday, February 13, 2012

The Perfect Omelet

So apparently, people have been making omelet's like this for ever. I am not sure how I only discovered this since my introduction to Paleo last August. Thanks for keeping me in the dark.

Nevertheless, these omelet's really are perfect. They are so simple, so fast, so tasty...so perfect. I will make these in the morning when I am getting ready for work as they do not require any supervision. Again, perfect. Here is what you do-

Ingredients

  • 1-3 eggs per omelet, depending on how hungry you are
  • Zip lock bag (freezer bags are the best)
  • Chopped veggies of choice. My favorites are bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms
  • Chopped meat of choice. Sausage is really yummy
    • Of course the veggies and meat is optional
Preparation:
  1. Boil a pot of water
  2. Break eggs into zip lock bags. Add veggies and meat
  3. Seal zip lock bag and get as much air out of it as possible
  4. Squish eggs around to break them and mix in veggies and meat
  5. Drop zip lock bag in boiling water. Boil for 13 minutes.
The omelet will literally roll out of the bag when it is finished. It's a beautiful thing. So beautiful that I forgot to snap a picture of the final product.

A couple of suggestions: If you are making these for multiple people, it is okay to put all baggies in the boiling water at the same time. If the bags contain different veggies/meats, be sure to mark the bag so you can identify who's is who's. Also, I found it easiest to put the zip lock bag inside a cup, so it stands up straight when cracking eggs and adding other ingredients to it.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment