So today marks the first official day of the Crossfit Games 2012. The Games eventually name the Fittest Man and Woman on earth, and they host an Open to prove this. It is a pretty awesome idea, actually. ANYONE in the world can register for the Open. As of Tuesday at 9 AM, 46,253 people had signed up - and on Monday alone 4,000 people signed up. I can only imagine what the number is like now. Athletes have until Sunday to sign up, when the first WOD is required to be submitted by. Every Wednesday, for 5 weeks, a new WOD will be announced and you have until Sunday to submit your time/results. At ITF, we will be doing the Games WOD on Thursday. So, today's WOD is 7 minutes of burpees. Oh. My. Gosh. This is going to be brutal. Not to mention the fact that we did burpee's in yesterday's WOD, AND we will be doing burpee's in tomorrow's WOD. I hope we don't do burpee's again for the next 5 weeks!
I did not sign up for the Open, but Adam did and I am really excited to see how he ranks among the worlds greatest athletes. At the end of the Open, the top 60 men and 60 women will advance to the Regionals. And from the Regionals, the best will go on to The Games where the fittest man and women will be crowned Fittest on Earth! I will be sure to post back on how Adam is doing :)
The website is games.crossfit.com and you should take a look there!
No comments:
Post a Comment