Last week was kind of crazy! It took me a few days to recover from Tribal Wars, which was the most amazing event I have ever participated in. If we are friends on facebook, I am sure you have seen all the pictures. I won't bore you with the crossfit details (since I know you are here for the food) BUT I did hit a few PR's (Personal Records) that day! The most exciting of them was my first Pistol!!!! A pistol is a one-legged squat. You have to squat below parallel on one leg, and your other foot/let can't touch the ground. This is extremely difficult to do! But it did it!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I made a lot of treats for the big day. My favorites were the Pepita Clusters and Apple Chips. The Clusters were truly like a dessert! Here is the recipe for the Clusters:
Ingredients:
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups raw Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the lime juice, lime zest, coconut oil and maple syrup over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let the mixture cook for approx 6 minutes. Then remove from heat
- Stir in pepitas and then spread seed mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. You will want to stir the mixture every few minutes to ensure they don't burn
- Allow the seeds to cool until you can handle them. Form the seeds into small clusters, then roll them in the shredded coconut.
- Consume and become addicted
I will update with a picture once I get on the computer that hold my pictures! Meanwhile, enjoy/laugh at me and my Pistol!

Yay!! I've been waiting for this recipe to show up! I am completely addicted.
ReplyDeleteNice pistol too!