Friday, May 25, 2012

Crock Pot Pork Loin

Ready for another super easy meal??? I really can't call this a recipe because there was no measuring, no thought, and no specific ingredients. You can really use any spices and veggies you like.

I have recently declared a new rule when it comes to food. ANYTHING left over in the fridge that is perishable (and honestly we don't have much that isn't perishable) will be tossed out on Sunday - even if it has not perished. This ensures that items don't get shoved to the back of the fridge where they can rot and this new rule causes me to be extremely precise in what I buy. I tend to be an impulse buyer and it's nice to be gaining some "control" over it! All of that to say that this recipe is a by product of me making sure I make the most out of my food and money - and it was delicious!

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs pork loin (will have plenty left over for breakfast and lunch!)
  • 1 small yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • left over bag of frozen okra (approx 1/2 lb) (feel free to use fresh!)
  • Basil, Salt, and Pepper

Instructions:

  1. Pull out your awesome crock pot and toss the chopped onion in
  2. Season pork with basil, salt, and pepper and add to crock pot
  3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, chopped zucchini and okra
  4. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours

Now, this picture doesn't make the dish very appetizing, but trust me when I say it was wonderful! I even had it for lunch the next day, and breakfast the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment