Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chicken And Cabbage Salad

As I mentioned in a post last week, I am really trying to be more conscience of my spending habits in the grocery store. I got really carried away for a few weeks making elaborate, albeit amazing, dinners and tons of treats. That gets expensive. Fast. I have been trying to save those elaborate meals that require lots of ingredients and time for the weekends and eat more low-key during the week. I hope you didn't read: Tasty meals on the weekend, boring/bland meals in the week. Just because my weekday meals are more 'simple' they still have lots of flavor, and are very satisfying and delicious. Below is the recipe for the Chicken and Cabbage Salad I had for lunch today.

Ingredients:

  • EVOO
  • 1/4 bag shredded cabbage
  • 1 can chicken
  • 8 grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp tarragon
  • 1/4 tsp of each: basil, rosemary, minced onion
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
Instructions:
  1. Heat EVOO in skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage to skillet, once hot.
  2. Allow cabbage to wilt slightly, then add chicken, tomatoes, and spices
  3. Heat throughout and drizzle with lemon juice before serving
This would also be a good side dish if you wanted to leave out the chicken. You can also sub the shredded cabbage for broccoli slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment