This is yet another awesome recipe that I adapted from George over at Civilized Caveman Cooking. I am having another LONG week with work and need some fast meals. I was excited when I saw the George recently put up a crock pot recipe and I knew I had to try it. Another reason I wanted to do this is because I knew I would have lots of left over chicken that I could use in a dish later on in the week. Like I said - I need quick and easy this week! This recipe called for a whole chicken, but because of my work schedule, I decided I would go even simpler. At Publix I found a great deal on a whole chicken, already cut in pieces!!! I don't suppose it was an actual 'deal' as it was not on sale, but it was 4 lbs of chicken for less than $10!! In my book, that is a deal and you can't beat it! Plus, the chicken livers were packaged separately and I was able to throw them in the freezer for a later time. I couldn't resist trying a small bite this morning when I got it out of the crock pot and man, was it delicious! The dry rub was a perfect combination and will be awesome with
the-best-paleo-bbq-sauce-ever.
Ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken - or about 4 lbs of pieces
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Instructions:
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with onions
- Place the chicken in the crock pot, on top of onions
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Using your hands, rub spice mixture all over chicken. Take your time and make sure you get all sides of chicken and don't miss a spot
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours or until done.
- Remove the chicken and serve. It will fall off the bone!
No comments:
Post a Comment