Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Curried Beef Stew

I am attempting to pack more leafy greens into my meals. I think I eat a fairly healthy dose of veggies for the most part, but leafy greens are missing from my diet. My go to green for this week has been spinach! I like using spinach because it compliments any meal. It can be added to just about anything, and really, once it is cooked it has a very mild flavor. What it does add is a ton of amazing vitamins!!! Last night I made curried beef stew, and added spinach! YUM! Again, the most noticeable difference in the dish were the green leaves!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb beef stew meat
  • 2 Tbsp curry powder
  • 1/2 can coconut milk
  • 1 12oz bag baby spinach
  •  3 cloves garlic, minced
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot on medium heat, brown the stew meat. As the meat is browning, add curry.
  2. Once meat is browned add the coconut milk and spinach. Allow to cook until the spinach is reduced.
  3. Add garlic and let simmer for approx 10 minutes or until ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment