Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rogan Josh

A few weeks ago I ordered some lamb from a local farmer. I was SO excited when I went to pick it up and couldn't wait to cook it. I wanted to wait until I had a "special" occasion to have it so when Adam said that he invited a friend over for dinner I knew that I had to cook it! I had recently made a homemade Rogan Josh spice blend using the following spices: ground cardamon, ground cloves, ginger, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. I used this amazing spice blend in this dish

Ingredients (remaining):

  • Rogan Josh spice blend
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 1/4 cups water
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
  2. Sear the lamb on all sides, approx 5 minutes total
  3. Saute the onions in the same skillet until translucent
  4. Add the Rogan Josh spice blend to the pan and combine well
  5. Pour coconut milk and water into the skillet - bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for approx 30 minutes (if you can wait that long!)
I served this dish with cauliflower pilaf, mashed sweet potatoes, grilled veggies, and cumin roasted carrots. It was a wonderful night with a good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment