Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sweet Potato Spaghetti

I have been working really late at work this week and haven't had time to go to the grocery store, cook, or blog! My dinners have been really simple and I have tried to use what I had in the fridge. Here is what I had: 2 lbs veal, onions, celery, minced garlic, a couple sweet potatoes and 2 cans of diced tomatoes. My result? SWEET POTATO SPAGHETTI!

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs veal
  • coconut oil
  • 1/4 yellow onion, minced
  • 3 stalks celery, minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 sweet potatoes, shredded with a cheese grater
  • 2 cans of diced tomatoes, pureed in food processor
Instructions:
  1. Heat large non stick skillet over medium heat. Cook veal until no longer pink - drain excess fat
  2. Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt coconut oil. Saute minced onions, minced celery, and minced garlic until veggies are tender and garlic is fragrant
  3. Add the sauteed veggies/garlic and shredded sweet potatoes to the skillet with veal. Stir
  4. Add the tomato sauce to the skillet, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes
  5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment