Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chicken Satay

My newest obsession is with George at Civilized Caveman. I have been recreating many of his recipes lately and every single one of them has been a huge hit. I stalk him constantly, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Multiple times throughout the day I will check his website just to see if he has happened to post something new. You should show him some virtual love and hit up his website. This recipe is also one of his, and like always it did not disappoint. The dipping sauce is very reminiscent of a peanut sauce - delish!

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1/2 cup Sunflower seed butter
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper 
Instructions:
  1. Place all ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor and pulse until smooth
  2. Use about 1/3 of the sauce to marinate your chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to a day
  3. Once you are ready to cook your chicken, heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken for approx 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until done.
  4. While chicken is cooking, use another 1/3 of sauce to brush over chicken
  5. Enjoy!
I served it with this side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment