It seems that every time it comes up in conversation, with people who do not eat Paleo, I am always given a really hard time about the way I choose to eat. More times than not, the opposition is based on the perception (of the masses, I know) that we should be eating in line with the government-recommended food guide pyramid. This pyramid has been drilled in our minds since we were all children. This is how, most people, believe we are supposed to be eating - the basis of our diet should be whole grains and PROCESSED foods (crazy!). If we all stopped to think for ourselves for a minute we would see that consuming the amount of processed foods they recommend, cannot be better and more healthy then eating food that are naturally found on this earth.
Take a minute to read this article that was posted by Dianne at Balanced Bites. She does a great job explaining how the Food Guide Pyramid is, in no way, how we should be eating.
http://balancedbites.com/2010/09/weve-been-fed-a-pyramid-built-of-processed-food-bricks.html
No comments:
Post a Comment