Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pistachio (Nut) Bark

Tonight I am cooking dinner for my parents. I am slowly trying to educate them on the Paleo lifestyle, and what better way to show them how yummy it is , than to prepare a delicious meal for them! Tonight I am making Smoky Bacon Chili, complete with the sweet potatoes, and chocolate bark for dessert. I made the bark for the first time last week and it was a huge success. I literally could have eaten it all, but luckily for my body, I shared it with ITF and Adam's work. Adam brought the leftovers back to his place and I will admit I did snag a few more pieces. To me, there is nothing better than chocolate and nuts. Whole Foods sells dark chocolate covered almonds and they are to die for! You're wallet will also die quickly due to the price, but that doesn't take away from how they taste! Then I got smart. I decided to make my own version. This is really so simple. TWO ingredients. That is it. Of course, I don't know why anyone would think that it would require more. This is the recipe for Pistachio Bark, but tonight I am making Pecan Bark, since Pecans are my dad's favorite.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup pistachio's
  • 12 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips (I used the mega chunks)
Instructions:
  1. Slowly melt chocolate in a double broiler. If you don't have one, just get a saucepan and add water, then stick a mixing bowl on top of it and boil. 
  2. When the chocolate is fully melted, stir in pistachio's
  3. Pour the chocolate-y goodness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
  4. Freeze until solid and break into chunks.
  5. Eat to your hearts desire
I found, after eating on this for many days :) that I like the bark better when served cold. I would recommend keeping it in the fridge, but it is totally fine if you leave it out. 
This recipe actually makes a lot more than what is shown in this picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment