Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun Food Friday - Paleo Ketchup

One of the things I miss the most is ketchup! I was never one of those who used ketchup on everything, but I also didn't skimp on it when I wanted it. I really miss it on my burgers, sweet potato fries, as a dip for my steak, etc - until now!! I was tired of not being able to eat it since commercially it has lots of added sugars and other unnecessary things. So I made my own and I think it's pretty darn good (and really easy to make)!!! You should give it a try.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup veggie broth
  • 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1 Tbsp raw honey
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a skillet over medium heat combine broth, tomato paste, and vinegar
  2. Next, add garlic and onion powder, honey, and allspice. Mix well.
  3. Taste the mixture and add salt accordingly. I think I probably ended up using about 1/2 Tbsp. But you are your own judge.
  4. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
  5. Transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge!

1 comment: