Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Brussels Sprouts

I have just recently been interested in Brussels Sprouts. I whipped up this quick side dish last night and look forward to trying new things with them.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Brussels sprouts
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 large apple, diced
  • 1 pear, diced
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • Cinnamon to taste (I like a lot)
Instructions:
  1. Heat skillet over medium heat and melt coconut oil
  2. Halve Brussels Sprouts and put in skillet, cut side down
  3. Let cook for approx 12 minutes, turning halfway through
  4. Add apple and pear and cook for approx 4 minutes until fruit begins to soften
  5. Add apple cider vinegar - let simmer until liquid has cooked about half way out.
  6. Add cinnamon. Mix and continue to simmer until liquid has cooked completely out.
  7. I took this pic after I had already eaten about half of what I cooked :)
  8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment