Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Breakfast Taco

Originally, I was going to make another breakfast scramble, or Frittata for my big breakfast bake on sunday. Somehow, time got away from me and it was way past my bedtime when the pork was finishing up, but I wanted to be sure I finished the breakfast so I wouldn't be rushed in the morning, while running out the door to ITF. I came up with this breakfast taco!! You could even make this/eat this more as a breakfast pizza. If you have little ones, or guests over, it actually would be fun to have each person make their own! But, I like using my hands to eat, so I made mine a taco.
B'Fast pizza?!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground meat (I used pork)
  • veggies of choice (I had broccoli and green bell pepper on hand)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 Tbsp minced onion
  • 2 eggs
  • Coconut oil spray (or any nonstick spray)
  • Salsa - check your ingredients!
Instructions:
  1. Brown meat in skillet along with garlic and onion
  2. Saute veggies in a separate skillet  until soft (I didn't use FOC (fat of choice) but you totally could throw in some evoo or coconut oil)
  3. Whisk eggs in small bowl
  4. Spray small skillet with oil and heat over medium heat
  5. Pour eggs into small skillet and DO NOT DISTURB. Let the eggs cook almost all the way through. You can flip your egg towards the very end to allow it to brown on both sides
  6. Top your egg with meat and veggies, top with salsa, fold like a taco and consume!
Nom Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment