What a week it has been! And by that, I mean, what a GREAT week it has been. It seemed that each day was a bit sweeter than the previous. I struggled in my WOD on Monday (I have no doubt it was the alcohol from the weekend before) but I worked hard and even Rx'ed it. I have felt stronger as the week progressed and even set a PR on my 5x back squats - 155 pounds!!!! After the max, I also Rx'ed the WOD (YES, that is TWICE in a week!)! It really is amazing how a clean diet and consistent WOD's make you stronger faster. I must give tons of credit to my coaches and fellow athletes for pushing me hard. I would not have been able to complete the WODs without them. This week I got to attend a food tasting and talk food with some really inspiring people (thanks again Chef Sean and Coach Luan!), cook some good meals, and experimented with different meats and cuisine (I was missing you, Chinese food!).
This weekend is going to follow suit as well - I am running a 5k saturday morning, eating lunch with my parents then going to the AWODS (a red-carpet awards ceremony hosted by IronTribe). On Sunday I am looking forward to church then planning my meals for the next week and cooking!!
I hope you have had a great week and have an ever greater weekend. So I will leave you with a treat that hopefully makes your weekend that much sweeter!

Ingredients:
Crust-
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut manna, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the topping-
- 3 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut manna
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Instructions:
- First, make the crust. Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor until consistency of crust is reached.
- Press crust down in an 8x8 glass baking dish until crust is evenly distributed
- Heat large skillet under medium heat. Add in coconut oil, then the sliced apples
- Once the apples begin to get soft, add walnuts. Stir continuously so the apples and walnuts don't burn
- Once apples are wilted, add honey and coconut manna along with cinnamon and salt
- When all ingredients are incorporated, pour mixture on top of crust and press flat. Put in the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes
- Cut into squares and serve!
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
This recipe came from the ever-amazing Juli at paleomg.com. I have said it, and I will say it again, visit her site!! You will forever thank her.
No comments:
Post a Comment