This summer, Adam and I are taking a trip with some friends of ours - we will most likely be going somewhere in the Carribean and this week we are trying to nail down our final options. All the talk about resorts, sun, and fun really has me in a tropical mindset so I decided to let that fall over into this meal. I gave the pork an Island flavor by seasoning it with Jamaican Allspice!
Ingredients:
- 2 bone-in pork steaks
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Jamaican Allspice
- Salt
Instructions:
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Season both sides of pork with salt, garlic powder, and Jamaican Allspice.
- Lay pork in skillet to sear for approx 6 minutes
- Flip pork - don't pierce the skin to do this as you will lose the yummy juices, try tongs - and splash with Balsamic Vinegar. Let the second side sear for 6 minutes
- After the second side has seared, flip pork again and splash with more balsamic vinegar
- When pork has finished cooking, transfer to plate and serve!
I served the pork steak with roasted broccoli and a salad. This recipe was adapted from one at wholelifeeating.com!

No comments:
Post a Comment