This weekend Adam and I are in Indianapolis for his cousins wedding. I was somewhat unsure how I was going to be able to eat good this weekend. There are airports, parties, and the rehearsal dinner, the wedding and reception! We will also be eating out for all the other meals. I knew I had to come up with a game plan or the weekend would be a disaster for me. I knew there had to be a way to make good food choices while I'm away. A lot of the meals will be provided to me, or i may not have a choice in where we go, and therefore not much choice in what I order....so I brought my own food! I packed to go salads for the airport and bought other foods that will not spoil over the weekend. Don't worry, I'm not going to whip out my own food at the restaurants or wedding festivities, but I will be prepared to eat something small right before and keep something in my purse that I can eat on the way back to the hotel. In my salad, I put grilled chicken, raw veggies, lettuce, and I have a travel size container for my EVOO dressing. I also made a cucumber and tomato salad drizzled with EVOO and some oregano. I purchased some Lara Bars and beef jerky from Grassfed Gourmet that will fit nicely in my purse for a snack/lunch while we are out running around town. I also bought some tuna and chicken in a pouch that I can eat in the car or hotel. I have realized there are no excuses for eating clean while you are out of town. And you cant forget the yummy chocolate covered almonds!! It may not be convenient or the best meals I will ever eat - but I will not go hungry and I will not make poor decisions.
Have a great weekend and remember you are in control!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment