Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Breakfast Scramble

I am beginning to really enjoy breakfast. I was never a fan of breakfast before....hard boiled eggs and fruit got boring really quick. Even before I started on this Paleo adventure, I was never a HUGE fan of breakfast unless it was a big bowl of cereal, french toast, or waffles. With those out of the picture, for the most part, I have had to get creative. Recently I posted on another one of my new favorite breakfast items. Well, this one is practically the same, you just don't bake it. The lovely thing about the recipe is that it is SO versitle. You can add practically anything to the dish and it will turn out perfect. Here is what I did, and I literally threw my leftovers in:

Ingredients:
  • Chicken, cooked and diced
  • Turkey pepperoni
  • Shredded cabbage
  • Bellpepper, green & red, diced
  • 5 eggs
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • Italian seasoning, to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a medium skillet, warm meat. Add in veggies and sautee until tender
  2. Whisk eggs in separate bowl and then add to meat/veggie mix
  3. Cook the eggs as if you are making scramble eggs until done.
  4. Season
This would be good for any meal or snack, not just breakfast! Add in a sweet potato and you have an even heartier meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment