Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pecan Crusted Trout

This recipe came from my newest cookbook, Paleo Comfort Foods. It was delicious and I used the leftovers for fish taco's the next day. YUM! I will make something similar to this again, although I doubt I will use Trout. While the Trout was very good and had great flavor, it was a little expensive....or maybe I just bought too much?!?

Ingredients:

  •  2 6-8oz trout
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 2 eggs
  • salt and pepper
  • crushed pecans
Preparation
  • Mix almond flour and salt and pepper. Put in a shallow dish
  • Whisk eggs until combined. Put in shallow dish
  • Put crushed pecans in shallow dish
  • Dredge fish in almond flour, then egg, then crushed pecans
  • Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat
  • Cook fish, skin side down, for approx 5 minutes. Flip fish and cook another 5 minutes, or until done
I served this with a side of roasted okra. Success! 

1 comment: