Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken with Dijon Sauce

Since this is my first recipe post, I figured I should start out with a bang. This recipe was so good! I am pretty sure this exact recipe will show up on my "normal" rotation. I used chicken thighs because dark meat is my favorite, although any piece of chicken would work perfect! There is SO much more flavor in dark meat. Yummy! If using chicken breasts (depending on size and quantity), you will probably need to increase the Dijon Sauce ingredients, as I did not have any leftover.

Ingredients:
6 bone-in, skin-on, chicken thighs
2 Tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
2 Tbsp (heaping) gluten free Dijon mustard (I like Annie's brand)
2 tsp Garam Masala*
Sea salt
*Garam Masala is an Indian spice, and can be found in your local grocery store in the spice section

Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Combine melted butter, Dijon mustard, Garam Masala, and sea salt in bowl
  3. Coat each chicken thigh with Dijon sauce. It's easiest to just dip all sides in bowl
  4. Heat skillet and brown chicken, skin side down for about 3 minutes.
  5. Flip chicken and brown for approx. 2 more minutes
  6. Transfer chicken to foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes
I let the chicken cool for about 5 minutes before eating. This allowed the Dijon Sauce to glaze a little bit. These little guys have SO much flavor...Adam actually ate 4 of them! 

I served the chicken with a side of sauteed red bell-pepper, asparagus, and squash (I happened to have these on hand).

These were also good warmed up the next day for my lunch. And I apologize for not snapping a picture. I will do better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment