Monday, January 30, 2012

Pizza! Pizza!

Pizza is one of my very favorite meals and I have been CRAVING it for a while. I knew that my craving would not go away, unless I satisfied it, and that is exactly what I did. I am pleased to introduce.....Chicken Pizza!

Ingredients:

  • 4 chicken breast, pounded thin *
  • EVOO
  • 1 6oz can tomato paste
  • 1 8oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 Tbsp chopped onion
  • Pizza toppings of choice
    • Turkey pepperoni
    • green bell pepper
Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to Broil 
  2. Line cookie sheet with foil (easy clean-up)
  3. Brush both sides of chicken with EVOO
  4. Put chicken on pan and broil for 1.5 minutes
  5. Flip chicken and broil for another 1.5 minutes
  6. Remove chicken from oven and reduce temp to 350
  7. In a medium skillet, saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent
  8. Add tomato paste and sauce, along with spices. Simmer until well combined
  9. Spoon the tomato mixture over each individual chicken breast
  10. Top with desired toppings
  11. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until done
*Publix sells thinly sliced chicken and that is what I use.

I served this with carrots and leftover bell pepper sauteed in coconut oil. Next time I make this, which will probably be soon as this is one of Adam's favorites :) , I am going to top it with canadian bacon and pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment