Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Apple and Onion Porkchops

I know, I know. You read the title of this post and thought "That is disgusting. Apples, Onions, Pork?!?!? She has really lost me on this one". Oh how I hope to change your mind. I first made this dish months and months ago and I just recently decided to revisit it. And boy am I glad I did - it was even better than I remembered. The sweetness of the apples, mixed with the tartness of the onions really compliment the pork exceptionally well. This is also a meal that is really quick to whip up. Please, do it for me and make this soon. You will be glad you did.

Ingredients:

  • 4 bone-in pork chops
  • 3 apples, cored and sliced
  • 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
  • 1 TBSP coconut oil
  • Salt and Pepper
Preparation:
  1. Heat non stick skillet on medium high heat. Add coconut oil
  2. Season pork with salt and pepper
  3. Cook pork on each side for approx 7 minutes. Remove from heat
  4. Add apples and onions to same skillet and cook until apples are tender.
  5. Top pork with apple and onion mixture and serve!
I served this dish with broccoli and turkey pepperoni

No comments:

Post a Comment