Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Paleo Chicken Alfredo

This is a recipe that I modified from Robb Wolf. If you are not sure who he is, check out his website and blog and robbwolf.com and be prepared to learn a lot about Paleo! He is one of the biggest guys in the Paleo world. This recipe called for Kelp Noodles and I had never cooked with them before. I wasn't even sure where to look for them in the grocery store so I asked and the man pointed me to the cold section where they have tofu (yuck) and egg roll wrappers. A lot of people use spaghetti squash in place of noodles and this recipe would work just as good using the squash. I personally liked the Kelp Noodles better than spaghetti squash!! I served this with purple mashed potatoes!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp EVOO
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 lb chicken
  • 1 (12oz) package of kelp noodles
  • 2 tsp tarragon
  • 1 cup cashews
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground mustard
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 3-6 Tbsp coconut milk
Instructions:
  1. Add EVOO to a large skillet and over medium heat, saute garlic for 3-4 minutes. 
  2. Chop chicken into 1 inch cubes and add to skillet. Cook until browned on all sides
  3. Rinse and chop kelp noodles. Add them to the skillet along with the tarragon. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes. 
  4. Add the cashews, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika to a blender. Blend into a powder then add the coconut a Tbsp at a time - blending into a thick sauce. Add as much or as little coconut milk to reach the desired consistency.
  5. Add the sauce to the skillet, then mix well. Cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment