Monday, June 11, 2012

Pork with Blueberry Sauce

I have no idea why I haven't posted this yet. I have made this numerous times and this is the dish we cooked for Adam's mother and grandmother while we were in Dallas over Christmas break. The blueberry sauce makes this the perfect summer meal, especially when the blueberries are on sale! Next time I make this, I may switch the fruit up - I'm thinking blackberries or cherries! I have typically made this with Pork tenderloin but switched it up this time and used boneless butterflied pork.

Blueberry Sauce
Ingredients:
  • 3 boneless, butterflied, pork chops
  • Mrs. Dash grilled chicken spice rub
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 Tbsp EVOO
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (if using frozen, thaw first)
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp honey
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Season both sides of pork with spice rub, salt and pepper
  3. Put pork in baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until done
  4. While the pork is baking, heat EVOO in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and let them cook for about 5 minutes
  5. Add blueberries, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Allow to cook until sauce has thickened
  6. Once everything is done, plate the pork chop and pour the blueberry sauce over it!
I served this with Cumin Roasted Carrots and a salad with pears, walnuts, and dried cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment