Friday, June 15, 2012

Blackened London Broil

It hasn't been until very recently that I have started eating "spicy" food. I use the word "spicy" very loosely because my idea of spicy is probably no where close to your idea of spicy. My entire life I have HATED spicy food. I would avoid it at all cost. I was extreme - I would refuse pepper, most mints, some toothpaste, most mexican food, I would order my wings dry because even the BBQ sauce would be too spicy for me - the list goes on. I  hated anything spicy. To me, the feeling of my mouth on fire was not pleasant. I couldn't understand why anyone would enjoy that feeling. However, since I have been cooking a lot, I have been experimenting with different flavors.  I have found that "spicy" foods aren't bad at all - when I can control how much spice! I would have never thought that I would cook with cayenne pepper, chili powder, and even jalapenos! I am pleasantly surprised that the spices that I once considered 'too hot' are actually really good! I encourage you to experiment with new flavors and spices - you might surprise yourself!

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lb london broil
  • Blackened seasoning of choice - I combined the following spices for approx 1 Tbsp seasoning. Use however much or little of each spice you would like: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper.
  • Pineapple salsa
Instructions:
  1. Heat large skillet over medium heat
  2. Season meat with spices - don't be shy
  3. Cook meat in skillet until done to your preference. I cooked mine approx 5 minutes on each side.
  4. Put some pineapple salsa on your plate, and top with cooked meat! The sweet salsa really compliments the spicy london broil quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment