Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kale and Bacon

Can you guess from the title of this post, what this dish consists of????? That's right, Kale and Bacon. That's it. We all know that Kale has some amazing health benefits and as I posted earlier, I am trying to incorporate more green into my diet. I had a bunch of kale but wasn't sure how to prepare it. I am still a little intimidated by kale for some odd reason. My coach at ITF doesn't understand it. He cooks with kale all the time. So...I ask you another question, what food makes everything, and I mean everything better??? BACON! Kale + Bacon = genius.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg bacon
  • A few stems of kale. I think I had like 5 stems-ish
  • 1/2 cup water
  • sprinkle of sea salt
Instructions:
  1. Chop bacon. In a large stock pot, add bacon cook until crispy.*
  2. Chop kale, then add to stock pot with 1/2 cup water
  3. Cover and cook for approx 30 minutes
  4. Sprinkle with sea salt, if you so desire
* As you can see from my picture, I didn't let my bacon get crispy enough. #fail Don't do yourself a disservice by skimping on step 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment