Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Salmon Cake's

Tuesday night's are Adam's bible study nights. He isn't home for dinner, so if I cook anything, it is something really easy and a lot of times not very glamorous. This week was no exception on the 'easy' part, but luckily it did turn out a bit glamorous! I plated the salmon cakes on top of some baby spinach and garnished with dried cranberries and a piece of bacon I cooked separately. I then cooked some asparagus in the bacon fat and I used a light dressing of EVOO and lemon juice to compliment the salmon.

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium sweet potato, mashed
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 2 6oz cans of salmon
  • 3 slices uncooked bacon, diced small
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • zest 1/2 lemon
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp almond flour
  • salt & pepper
Instructions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Patty the salmon mixture - this made 9 patties for me.
  2. Heat a skillet over medium heat with some EVOO
  3. Cook the patties for approx 3-4 minutes on each side. 
  4. Enjoy!
A couple helpful hints: Wrap the sweet potato in plastic wrap and put it in the microwave for 7 minutes. You can then easily pull the skin away and remove the insides. Also, if you but the bacon in the freezer for about 10 minutes, this makes it much easier to dice the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment