Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ginger Sesame Beef

The flavor of this meal is to die for. I let the meat marinate for a few hours and it was so juicy and tender. I have always loved coconut aminos, but recently I have become obsessed with it. I somehow feel the need to incorporate it into every meal. The ingredients used in this recipe create an amazing Asian inspired dish.

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs red meat of choice, sliced thin*
  • 1/3 cup coconut aminos
  • 1/6 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp ginger (can use fresh or ground)
  • 3 + cloves garlic, minced. The more garlic the better (I used 5)
  • 1 tsp each of salt & pepper, cinnamon & cumin
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tsp sesame seeds
Instructions:
  1. Thinly slice the meat. *I bought some meat from Whole Foods that was already sliced in the meat dept. They call it 'fajita beef'
  2. Combine remaining ingredients in gallon sized zip lock bag, or large shallow dish. Add sliced beef and turn to coat all sides. 
  3. Allow beef to marinate in the fridge for as long as you have time.
  4. Once marinated, put beef in skillet over medium high heat. Cook for approx 4-6 minutes on each side, or until done to your preference
I served this over a bed of lettuce with sauteed bell peppers and onions. We also had a baked avocado to go along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment