Friday, August 24, 2012

Leeky Eggs

I tried something new this week - Leek! If you have never had a Leek, it has a very mild onion flavor. When the leek is cooked down, the mild flavor becomes even more mild. It made a wonderful base to my breakfast this week. I really liked the flavor combo, although I will tell you that Adam wasn't a huge fan. I will use it again, for sure, but will leave it out of Adams portion :) If you are looking to try something new, don't be afraid - give it a shot! I think you will be surprised.

Ingredients:
  • 1 leek, green portion diced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • 5 strips of bacon (one for eating while the eggs cook)
  • 4 eggs
  • salt and pepper
Instructions:
  1. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet.
  2. In the same skillet, add the diced leek and bell pepper. Saute until leek is tender - consume 1 piece of bacon.
  3. Create 4 small wells in the leek mixture and crack 1 egg into each well
  4. Turn heat down to medium (if it is higher than that), cover, and let the eggs cook until done
  5. Chop remaining bacon and garnish the eggs with it and a sprinkle of salt & pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment