Ingredients:- 1 rack of pork short ribs
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Batch of Beasty BBQ Sauce
Instructions:
- Combine all spices together in mixing bowl
- Cut your rack of ribs in half, or thirds, so that each section will fit in the crock pot
- Apply the spice rub generously to the ribs. I used the entire batch of spice rub. Tightly wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 1 hour. I let mine sit for 1 day
- Put 1/8 cup water in crock pot. Place ribs, bone side down in crock pot, stacking your sections
- Set your crock pot on low for 8 hours
- Around the 7th or 8th hour, pour in BBQ sauce ensuring that all layers of ribs get coated. Reserve some for dipping
- Allow sauce to warm up in the crock pot, then enjoy!
*If you do not want to make your own BBQ sauce, buy your own - just be sure it has clean ingredients! I really like the brand Bone Suckin' Sauce. Squeaky clean.
Jay and I made this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING!!! Jay ate Paleo stuff and loved it!!
ReplyDelete