Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes

I LOVE paleo pancakes. They are one of the first recipes I came up with and I truly believed they were outstanding. Since my very first batch of paleo pancakes, I have been tweaking the recipe; I have added ingredients, taken out ingredients, and tried every combination in between. I am not stretching the truth when I tell you that I have figured out the perfect ratio. These are delicious and fluffy, and the best part about it is that I don't feel like crap 30 minutes after I have eaten them. So far, I have made two variations, Cinnamon Banana and Blueberry. I will give you the recipe for the Cinnamon Banana ones, but know that you can substitute the fruit!

Ingredients:
Cinnamon Banana Pancakes

  • 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 small banana, mashed
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients
  2. In a separate bowl whisk eggs then add in the mashed banana and remaining ingredients
  3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine
  4. Heat skillet over medium heat. You do not want the skillet to get too hot
  5. Spray skillet with non stick spray. Don't be afraid to spray after each batch. Believe me, you don't want them to stick to the pan.
  6. Using a heaping table spoon, add batter to skillet. I have found that it is best to make them roughly that size or smaller. If I got much bigger than that, it was harder for me to flip
  7. Let the pancake cook for about 3 minutes, then flip and let cook for another 3 minutes or so. If the pancake is sticking to the spatula and not flipping easy, well, then let it cook a little longer.
  8. Remove cooked pancakes from skillet and continue using the batter until you are out.
  9. Plate the pancakes and drizzle with Pure Maple Syrup
My skillet tends to get too hot and so I would move it off the heat for a few moments during the cooking process so the pancakes wouldn't burn. I also sliced a few pieces of banana and fried them in bacon grease for a bit of added sweetness. After Adam and I ate to our hearts desire, we still had leftovers. These pancakes freeze well and make for a good breakfast that you can reheat when you are rushed in the morning. 
Blueberry Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment