Fall is here and for me, that means I no longer get weird looks for incorporating pumpkin into my dishes. I LOVE pumpkin and enjoy in year round. In fact, I always chuckle to myself when I hear people begin to rant and rave that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at the over-rated Starbucks. The world starts freaking out and going crazy when TheBuck releases it each year. Luckily for me, the local coffee shop that I frequent (The Red Cat) has pumpkin YEAR ROUND! Did you hear that???? Reason #352 to support local business. And if you're wondering what I get, its more-times-than-not a 16oz latte with an extra shot of espresso, *only* 2 pumps of pumpkin(otherwise it's too sweet), and cinnamon in the bottom. This is hands-down the best tasting and smelling latte in Birmingham. And, you don't have to tell me, I know that milk isn't paleo, kill me now, but I love it in my latte. If I happen to order plain coffee, I'll drink that black. #tiedballgame
Once again, I loved this dish. I've got to be the least picky eater in the world. I love practically every dish. Lucky me. Adam, however, is not a fan of coconut and if you aren't either, well then try it - you may surprise yourself, find something to replace it with, or skip this recipe all together. If you do the latter, you will be sorry. This dish made only enough for our dinner. Up the ingredient count if you want leftovers.
Ingredients:
- 12 oz chicken breast tenders
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for sautéing
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for sauce
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 4-5 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- A little less than 1 cup of coconut cream*
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil, then add the chicken. Cook for about 6 minutes, on both sides until no longer pink
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the remaining Tbsp of coconut oil, then add the tarragon. Allow the flavors to mingle for a minute or so
- Add the pumpkin puree and stir around until it has combined entirely with the tarragon oil.
- Add coconut cream a few Tbsp's at a time until it liquifies. Continue adding until all is well incorporated
- Allow the coconut pumpkin cream to thicken a bit over the low heat
- Plate chicken and top with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
![]() |
| I served this with roasted veggies and fried plantains |

No comments:
Post a Comment