Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Roasted Garlic Artichoke

Over Labor Day weekend Adam and I went to Atlanta with our dear friends Richard and Jen. We had such a great time and some awesome food! The first night at dinner we had Roasted Artichoke. I had never had artichoke before and I fell in love! It has a subtle flavor and is so tender. I wanted to have this at home but didn't really know how to cook it. I decided to roast it in the oven and I must say, it turned out pretty good! It wasn't quite as good as the restaurants, but I still enjoyed it.

Ingredients;
  • 1 artichoke
  • minced garlic
  • EVOO
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Clip the pointy tops of the leaves off the artichoke
  3. Use as much minced garlic as you would like (I used a lot) and push the garlic all down in the artichoke
  4. Drizzle with EVOO, making sure you get in between the leaves as well
  5. Wrap the artichoke in tin foil and put in oven on middle rack for approx a 1.5 hours
Note: Once you get down to the heart, the prickly, fibrous hairs are not edible. You have to work to get to the heart, but it is well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment