Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Granola

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times. I MISS CEREAL! Pre-paleo, I could have literally eaten cereal for every meal. My favorites were Grape Nuts, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, Honey-O's, and Honey Nut Cherios. YUM! My favorite part of it all was getting to the sweet milk once I had eaten all the cereal.
I was coming up with a new recipe to make grainless granola when I found this recipe on PaleOMG's website. I decided to make it, mainly because there is pumpkin in it! And, well, its October. So you should eat pumpkin every week! This may be the best grainless granola I have ever had. I poured almond milk over it and it made the perfect cereal! You can store the granola in an airtight container and it should for 7 - 10 days.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 8-10 dried dates, pits removed, then chopped
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (make sure you don't get pumpkin pie filling! There should be one ingredient - and that is pumpkin)
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened, shredded, coconut
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/8 tsp ground ginger
  • pinch of sea salt
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  2. In a large mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and all spices. Mix well
  3. Next, add your nuts, seeds, and chopped dates. Stir well to combine.
  4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola evenly across the parchment paper.
  5. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring half way through.
  6. Once it is finished, remove from oven and LET COOL. This will help everything harden and stick together.
  7. Eat it alone, or pour almond or coconut milk over it for a delicious cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment