Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lemon Herb Chicken

I love using fresh herbs! Not only is the flavor more pronounced than dry herbs, but they make the kitchen smell so good! I don't always use fresh because, well, they are more expensive and I tend to let them go bad before I can finish them off. But occasionally I like to treat myself (and my taste buds) to fresh herbs! This chicken was SO flavorful and I just know it is because of the fresh herbs.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs chicken (I used thighs)
  • 2 meyer lemons, juiced
  • 2 sprigs rosemary
  • 1/4 cup fresh dill
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
Instructions:
  • Juice the lemons and roughly chop the fresh herbs
  • Mix all ingredients, except the chicken, together in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a glass baking dish and cover with EVOO herb mixture. Let marinate in fridge for an hour or so.
  • Heat skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken for approx 6 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink.
I served mine with broccoli salad and mashed sweet potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment